Friday, October 7, 2011

It's not you...

So, I'm going through my work day routine, and I decided to look over some documents that were posted on Google Docs. I clicked on the Documents tab and up pops this sterile white and gray page with lackluster coloring.  My first reaction was, "Umm, this isn't my Google Docs, and definitely don't remember changing my layout." So, why then does my Docs have this new look? What was wrong with my old looks, which I like better, might I add? Then up pops this drab burn/washed out orange information box that proclaims,

"Google Docs has a new look! " 
"Not ready for change? Choose the classic look from the gear menu."

Since I was not ready for change, I chose to go back to the classic look. Once my Google Docs was back to the way it was meant to be, another drab burn/washed out orange information box appears and says,

"You switched back to the classic look."
"Get back to the new look from the gear menu."
"Tell us why you switched."

Ohh, I was more than happy to tell them why I switched back to the classic look. I simply explained, in 500 characters or less, "I am not ready to make that kind of commitment." Google's reply was, "Thank you for helping us improve Google Docs." This was followed by only a Help home tab. I'm sorry, did I not just leave my Google Docs home page because I was generous enough to give feedback on changes that were made to my layout without my consent, and all I get is the Help home page that again informs me that "Google Docs has a new look!" At least take me back to my classic Docs home page.

Okay, whatever, so, I guess I was ready for this next step in our relationship, but apparently you were. I just wish you would have talked with me about what you wanted before you sparng it on it and just expected me to go along with it. That was definitely not the way to go if you really want this to work between us. But, since we talked about it, and this was the first time, and we've taken a step back to the original confines of our relationship, I'm going to give you a second chance and overlook this one. I know relationships grow and things change, but

. . . I'm just not ready.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home