Friday, October 7, 2011

Kindle Experience Reinforces First Impressions

I’ve never really been interested in joining the Kindle craze. When I recently had the opportunity to try it, I decided to read an entire book on it to give it a fair assessment before final judgment.


When I was a third of the way through the book, I had to put the Kindle in my bag to pick up later. When I pulled it out to read, I found that it had turned on in my bag and had skipped all the way to the end of the book. Since I hadn’t bookmarked the page I was on, I had to start over and page forward until I finally found where I had left off. The page buttons and the power button are too easy to accidentally hit.


Also, the keyboard at the bottom not only looks stupid, but it makes it awkward to hold when you’re reading. I didn’t like the pictures on the screen when you turned it off. I couldn’t find any way to turn them off all together or pick a specific picture to use each time. About the only thing I liked about it was the screen when I was reading, but I can get that on the Sony e-reader.


I have used the Sony e-reader and the different e-reader apps on my tablet, and both are so much nicer to read on than the Kindle. I was disappointed when I couldn’t go to the table of contents and skip directly to a specific chapter like on the Sony or my tablet.


So now that I’ve tried the Kindle, I’m sticking with my first impression. You won’t see my waiting in line for the next Kindle. Instead, I’ll be checking out the new Sony e-readers when they come out later this month.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home